"WHO'S NEXT" Spades Tournment
EPT BORDERLAND SPADES TOURNAMENT SERIES
So Your Mouth Say U Have Skills, **********WELL LET'S SEE*************
WHEN: 19 Feb 2022
Where: 4201 Skyline Ave., EL Paso TX 79904
Start Time: TBA
Age: 16 and up
ENTRT FEE: Team Entry Fee: $50.00 per Team
PRICE: $300.00 Winning Team TAKE ALL & TROPHY
THIS WILL BE A BRUCE STYLE TOURNMENT SERIES.
***** To participate in the "WHO'S NEXT" EPT Borderland Spades Tournment Series teams "MUST" complete the full registration process****
1st Step: You must register your "Team with players names" online or in person on the published dates, times and location.
2nd Step: Pay the $50.00 team registration fee either online or in person.
3rd Step: Electronically Sign acknowledging you have read the rules and fully understand them as publish when you sign your team up to participate in the " WHO'S NEXT " EPT Borderland Spades Tournment Series. A printed hard copy of your electronically sign form will be on file the dates of the Tournment.
4th Step: Sign for a copy of the Tournment rules in person the day you sign your team up in person on the published dates, time and location, a hard copy of your team acknowledging they have read and fully understand the Tournment rules.
IF A RULE IS NOT PUBLISHED WITHIN THE LISTED RULES BELOW, THAN ANY PROTEST OR RULE CLARIFICATION SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE TOURNMENT DIRECTOR HIS / HER DECISION IS FINAL. ALL DECISIONS WILL BE ADDRESS ON A CHALLENING WILL BEFORE THE GAME IS ALLOW TO CONTINUE.
*THE FIRST TEAM TO REACH 250 POINTS WILL BE DECLARED THE WIN ALL TOURNMENTS GAMES OR THE TEAM WITH HIGHEST POINTS AT THE END OF THE 25 MINUTE TIME LIMIT PER TOURNAMENT GAMES WHICH EVER CO.E FIRST. WHICH EVER TEAM IS WINNING ONCE THE TIME IS OVER WILL BE DECLARED THE WINNER OF THAT GAME. IF A NEW GAME STARTS AND THE 25 MINUTES TIME PERIOD HAS ENDED, THIS GAME WILL BE ALLOW TO CONTINUE AND THE TEAM WILL THE HIGHEST SCORE AT THE OF
THAT GAME WILL BE THE DECLARED THE WINNER.
**500 POINTS TO WIN THE FINAL TOURNAMENT GAME WITH 50 MINUTE TIME LIMIT.
***500 POINTS WIN THE $1000.00 SINGLE ELIMINATION CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IN 3 DEC 2022.
NEXT TOURNMENT DATES: Winners Take All, PLUS TROPHY
2 MAY 2022 (Same Rules) $300.00 prize
3 Aug 2022 ( Same Rules) $300.00 prize
4 Nov 2022 ( Same Rules) $300.00 prize
$1000 Championship TOURNMENT 3 Dec. 2022.
Registration Start Date: 4 Jan. 2022
Registration Cut Off Date: 16 Feb. 2022
THERE WILL BE NO WALK UP REGISTRATIONS ON THE TOURNAMENT START DATE.
Teams will be allowed to register and pay either online or in person.
Online registrations must be paid via credit card online at the time of registration.
In person registration can pay via the following payment options:
2. CashApp or
ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE PAID AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION OR IN PERSON. We will publish a schedule with dates and times when teams wishing to register in person can do do.
BUCKET INFORMATION WILL BE RELEASED ON 17 FEB 2022 ON THE WEBSITE NLT 1800 hrs.
"THE TOURNMENT SERIES WILL WORK ON A POINT SYSTEM TO GAIN POINTS FOR CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNMENT 3 DEC 2022.
1. The winning team of each scheduled tournament will AUTOMATED Advance to the Championship Tournament 3 Dec 2022 for $1000.00 (FREE ENTRY FEE).
2. Each team that gains 75 points throughout the scheduled tournaments your team will win a "FREE" entry to the 3 Dec 2022 Championship Tournament for $1000.00
3. Each team that gains 50 points throughout the scheduled tournments your team will pay half price entry to the 3 Dec 2022 $1000.00 Championship Tournament.
*** New entries for the Championship*** Tournament 3 Dec 2022.
1. Each team will pay the full entry fee of $100.00 per team to participate for the $1000.00 prize, unless your team has won one of the previous tournaments; then your team entry fee is free.
2. If your team has earned 75 points from any of the previous scheduled tournaments, your team entry is free as well. This is achieved through our tournament point system.
3. If your team has gain 50 points from previous scheduled tournaments from the point system, your team entry fee is half price.
Tournament point system is a follows:
1. Winning tournament team earns 50 points
2. Runner up team earns 40 points
3. Semi-final round losers will earn 25 points each
4. Points will then be award from 20 points down to 1 point based on when a team is eliminated from the tournament. Points will go down down in increments of 5 points per round prior to the Semi-finals. Example, teams eliminated in the Quarter Final round will receive 20 points toward their team total.
Note: THE POINTS SYSTEM WILL BE BASE ON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES IN EACH TOURNMENT.
"RULES OF THE TOURNMENT "
1. Style of play: Big Joker, Little Joker, Ace, King, Queen, Jack
2. The Spades Suit is "ALWAY TRUMP".
3. There are "NO WILD CARDS", ie. A 2 is a 2 only.
4. The 2 of clubs and the 2 of diamonds will be removed from each sdeck of playing cards.
5. Spades can be played at "ANYTIME" during the game. Thus, teams do not have to wait for the first "cut" to start playing Spades. A team can lead with Spades from the very beginning of the hand.
6. TEAMs ARE ONLY ALLOW TO BID A BLIND 8 OR HIGHER. This can only be done TWICE IN ONE GAME.
7. If your team turns "ALL 13 TRICKS / BOOKS" your team will receive 200 points from that hand.
8. A card "laid" is a card "played". However, a team cannot make a player renege if the wrong card is played. This scenario must be identified before the "trick" / "book" is turned facedown. Once the "trick" / "book" is turned facedown it is to too late to correct the error and can result in a renege if called by the opposing team.
9. All games will start and end at the same time.
10. No cell phones will be allowed at the playing tables.
11. There will be no breaks once a round of games start.
12. The Tournment Director is the "ONLY INDIVIDUAL" who can approve any type of breaks during game play. This includes restroom breaks, etc.
13. All cards must remain above the table playing surface at all times. If a card is dropped out of a players hand, only a representative from the tournament can retrieve the fallen playing card. If a player retrieves the card, the first offense is a warning. The second offense will result in a forfeiture of the game resulting in an immediate loss for the offending players team. (NO EXCEPTION)
14. There will be "NO" loud talking, side bar conversations, loud music or horseplay during the tournament. Also there will be "NO" talking about your previous hands at ALL. First offense will result in a warning. The second offense will result in your team forfeiting the tournament game, resulting in an immeditate loss for the offending team. (NO EXCEPTION)
15. Only the players playing the game will be allow at or around tables when the games are in play, (This does not include Tournament Directors or Tournament Representatives.)
16. "ALL" questions will be directed to the Tournament Directors or Tournament Reps.
19. All teams will sign in with photo ID, a phone number, and an email address.
20. Each player will sign a verification sheet stating they have read and understood "ALL" tournament rules.
18. TEAMS are awarded points during each tournament, "NOT" an individual player. As such, points will carry over to the next tournament if a team needs to replace a player for the start of the next scheduled tournament. Therefor, a team can replace a player after they finish their current tournament.
23. There are "NO" refunds. Once the entry fee has been paid; if for any reason any member of a team can not participate in the tournament, you may replace that member of the team prior to the start of the first hand in the tournament. Once a player starts a game, this player CAN NOT be replaced with another player until the "NEXT" scheduled tournament.
17. There is "NO" changing of team members during tournament play or once games have been won, lose, next round, next day, during the final tournament games or for the Championship game. You must continue with same partner for that entire tournament once it starts.
21. "ALL DISAGREEMENTS" WILL BE DIRECTED TO THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR OR A TOURNMENT REPRESENTATIVE.
22. There will be "NO" children allowed in the building during the tournament.
24. Each player must report 15 minutes PRIOR TO the scheduled start of the hand to their designated card table. This is to allow for any information that might need to be put out or to answer any questions that might take place before the official game starts.
25. All players will be provided an official badge with a number displaying, this badge must be visible at all times.
26. "THE DEAL" : The first dealer is chosen by the player who draws the highest card. This is done by turning over the top card from the deck to see who receives the highest card. Once the dealer has been established, the deal will thereafter pass along clockwise from the initlal dealer. The entire deck is dealt one card at time, face down, beginning with the player to left of the dealer. There are no dealing out of sequence or mixing up the deals. The cards are dealt to the left of the dealer in sequential order.
*****NO DEALER MAY TURN OVER ANY CARDS DURING THEIR DEAL, IF SO, THE DEALING TEAM WILL LOSE 20 POINTS, PLUS FORFIETH THEIR DEAL.*****